Do you have a strong background in Children’s residential care? Are you committed to achieving the best outcomes to children and young people?
The City of York are in the process of developing our residential offer for young people in care and we are recruiting to a Registered Manager post for a new bespoke Children’s Home.
About the role;
The successful candidate will have operational oversight and management of the new bespoke Children’s Home.
As Registered Manager you will work with a range of professionals to ensure the young people receive the right support at the right time. You will lead, inspire and motivate your team and liaise closely with Ofsted to ensure regulatory compliance is achieved.
This will be a new team so you will have the opportunity to develop, build and expand the service to become an innovative and skilled team providing the best outcomes for the young people who live in the home.
This role will emphasise the importance of building relationships to effectively support Children in care and their families.
The successful individual will have;
- Leadership experience who can deliver a high standard of care in line with Children’s homes regulations.
- A child centred and flexible approach in order to deliver a wide range of interventions to provide them with support and skills to manage their emotional, behavioural and physical needs.
- You will strive to provide the best care with great role models within a stable home for young people to live and thrive in.
Ranked within the top 10 places to live in the UK, York is a vibrant, trailblazing, digital City which continues to make history. Our unique location means the Dales, Moors and Coast are all within an hour offering a positive work life balance.
You can look forward to a generous pay and reward package including:
- Competitive salary and relocation expenses
- Local government pension scheme with generous employer contribution
- Up to 29 days annual leave entitlement
- Family friendly policies
- Assistance with travel to work expenses including discounted Park & Ride annual travel pass and 0% loans for train travel
- Comprehensive staff benefits package
As part of the residential management team, the post holders will be expected to be part of the on call rota to support staff out of hours.
As this role is public facing, applicants will need to demonstrate, at interview, their competency to converse and provide advice and guidance to members of the public, in spoken English to CEFR level C2: Can express him/herself spontaneously at length with a natural conversational flow, avoiding or backtracking around any difficulty so smoothly that the person with whom they are conversing is hardly aware of it.
City of York Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. We require the successful candidate to undertake an enhanced Criminal Record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For further information or an informal discussion please contact Eve Walker- Project Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07904 204787
Closing date: 17 October 2021 at 12 midnight
Interview date: Thursday 21 October 2021