A BUS which crashed into a residential home has still not been removed.
The Oxford City Bus crashed into the house on Morrell Avenue, three days ago, on Wednesday afternoon.
Video footage, that has now been seen over 72,000 times on Facebook, shows the purple bus rolling down the hill, crashing into the house.
The driver did not appear to be in the bus at the time of the incident.
Today, workers from Oxford Direct Services were at the site taking down fencing that had been around the bus.
It is currently unclear when the bus is expected to be removed.
Speaking to the Oxford Mail, home owner Robert Dyer, 55, said his family were left ‘distraught and gutted’ after the incident.
Mr Dyer had been home alone when the vehicle crashed into his home.
Nobody was injured during the accident.
Mr Dyer and his two daughters Amy and Natalie and wife Madeline have been forced to temporarily evacuate, as well as the neighbours of the adjoining house, until the Number 15 bus is removed by engineers.
The bus company has launched an investigation and has apologised for the inconvenience caused.
A spokesman for Oxford Bus Company said: “We have not been able to examine the vehicle so far as we are working with relevant parties on how to recover the vehicle safely from the site of the incident to our Cowley depot to allow this to happen.
“However, our preliminary investigation and knowledge of the vehicle type involved suggest at this early stage that the primary cause was not related to any mechanical defect, but we cannot confirm this fully until the vehicle has been recovered.”