This quick and easy low carb snack idea is my absolute favorite. Even my kids can’t get enough of this cheesy baked broccoli! They are so simple to make with just a few ingredients including frozen broccoli rice.
Keyword broccoli, cheese, healthy, keto, low carb, snacks
Servings 16 tots
- 1 (10oz) bag frozen broccoli rice (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups freshly shredded cheddar cheese (not the pre-shredded)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- seasoning to taste (I use garlic salt)
- Cook the broccoli rice in the microwave according to the package directions. Using a fine strainer, drain and squeeze out as much of the excess liquid as you can; set aside to cool.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the broccoli rice, shredded cheese, egg, almond flour and seasoning to taste.
- Make about 16 small balls with the mixture and place them evenly on your baking sheet. Smoosh them with your hands to flatten them out a bit.
- In the center rack, bake for about 15 minutes (or until they start to brown), and then flip them over and contintue baking for another 8-10 minutes.
- Eat alone or serve with a low carb sauce.
You can use broccoli rice, cauliflower rice or a mix of both for this recipe.