Assign a 'primary' menu

Fire crews called to chemical reaction in Weston-super-Mare home

September 26, 2021


A dangerous mixture of household cleaning products that caused an inadvertent chemical reaction resulted in the fire services attending a home in Weston-super Mare to dispose of the solution.

This is not the first time the Avon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service have been called out to deal with this type of situation.

Previously the emergency service visited a property where a woman mixed white wine vinegar and bleach when attempting to clean a shower. The combination released a harmful gas.

Read more: Police appealing for help finding missing Andrew, 15, who may be in Bristol or Weston-super-Mare

The woman was taken to hospital and crews from Temple, Patchway and Avonmouth fire station were all called to the incident after the mixture released a harmful gas.

An Avon and Somerset Fire statement reads: “Crews from Weston and Patchway were called to reports of a chemical spillage in a home at 13:54 (September 22).

“On arrival, crews found that two household cleaning products had been mixed in a first floor bathroom, creating a strong chemical reaction.

Get the biggest stories from across Somerset straight to your inbox

“With two crew members wearing breathing apparatus, copious amounts of water were used to flush away the substances.

“Gas monitors were also used at the scene to check for any vapour, of which nothing was found.

“The occupant of the home was conveyed to hospital by ambulance colleagues.

“The property was left secured by the Fire Service.”

Source link

Why Affiliate Marketing is the perfect home business to do, minimal costs, easy to start.

About the Author